There’s no one-tap solution for MIUI 12 12 ad elimination.
Disabling msa will erase most of the advertisements
You’ll need to uninstall ads from individual apps for a deeper cleanse.
Xiaomi is one of India’s largest brands of smartphones and is renowned for its budget smartphones. While the MIUI 12, its own custom skin based on Android 11, comes with some notable features, it also has advertisements that are scattered throughout. Xiaomi mentioned the presence of a one-tap option to disable system-wide ads during the launch of MIUI 12, but that feature was missing in the global compilation. Here’s how you can do it if you’re a MIUI 12 user and want to give your smartphone a deep cleanse.
Already when you actually follow the steps in this guidance, we recommend you to double-check the version of MIUI on your smartphone. If you’re still running past models of MIUI, we have already made guides for them. For MIUI 11, MIUI 10 and MIUI 9, here’s the step-by-step method. Another thing to note here is that for this lesson, we used a Redmi 9 Power, so your mileage may vary.
Disabling the MSA process
To begin our process of disabling ads, we will have to cut off a few things at source. MSA or MIUI Machine Advertisements are one of these, which is one of the main reasons for seeing ads in stock apps. To get it disabled:
Open the app Settings.
- Navigate to Passwords & Authentication > Revocation & Authorisation.
- You’ll have to disable msa here.
- Scroll down a little after this and disable GetApps as well.
- You’ll get a 10-second warning alert, asking you if you want to do it for sure.
- Click Revocate after the countdown. If it doesn’t let you turn it off (which shouldn’t be the case) on the first go, try it again until it’s off.
- MSA should still be disabled even though you reboot your phone.
More modifications to avoid showing advertisements in MIUI 12
Although this will take care of most commercials, some tweaks can also be made to make sure you catch all of them.
- Go to Privacy in the same Password & Protection sub-menu.
- Then tap Ad services and disable Suggestions for Targeted Advertising.
- Basically, this will turn off the collection of data to send you relevant ads.
Turn off ads from the app Downloads
- Open the Software Downloads.
- Tap the menu for hamburger > Settings.
- Disable the Show Recommended Content Toggle. You’ll also get a prompt here, just pick OK.
Turn off ads from File Manager app
- Open File Manager app.
- Tap the hamburger menu on the top left.
- Go to About > disable Suggestions.
Switch off announcements from the Music App
- Open the App for Songs.
- Go to the hamburger menu > Operation and Configuration
- Choose Advanced configuration > Get suggestions.
- Here, you can also disable other recommendations, such as online start-up recommendations and song recommendations. Do note that disabling this will only disable the collection of data from this app.
Turn off Security App ads
- Open the Security App
- Click on the Settings > Receive Suggestions button.
Switch off advertisements from the app for Themes
- Open the app Themes.
- Go to My page > Settings
- Disable the toggle for Recommendations.
Switch off Apps Promoted
When you open them, certain default directories such as Tools and More Apps appear to show you Promoted Apps. To make them disabled:
- Open Tools and More Applications folder > Long-press the folder name to rename it.
- For Promoted Apps, switching the toggle off.