With more than one billion active users, Instagram is one of the most widely used social networking sites in the world. The software is updated frequently to give users additional functionality and enhancements. Updates occasionally, nevertheless, might lead to issues like bugs or lowered image and video quality. In this article from MiniTool video resizer, we will discuss how to downgrade Instagram and answer some often asked questions.
Can You Un-update Instagram?
Unfortunately, once an app has been updated there is no way to take that update back. The prior version of Instagram gets replaced after an update and cannot be restored. There are, however, ways to roll back the software to a previous version.
Why Did My Instagram Un-Update?
Why did my Instagram’s quality drop? Instagram doesn’t stop updating on its own. It’s possible that the Instagram app has been updated to a newer version if you find that it appears different or has fewer functions. The software might have been removed as a result of an accidently deleted copy of the app or a device reset to factory defaults.
How To Downgrade Instagram App
You must uninstall the most recent version of Instagram and then reinstall an earlier version in order to downgrade Instagram. Depending on your device, there are different steps to follow.
How to Un-Update Instagram on iPhone?
On an iPhone, how do you downgrade Instagram? You must uninstall the current version of the Instagram app from your iPhone before reinstalling an earlier one if you want to downgrade. The steps are as follows:
- Initially, remove the most recent Instagram app from your iPhone. To do this, tap the X in the upper-left corner of the Instagram app icon after holding down the app’s symbol on your home screen until it begins to wiggle.
- After deleting the application, go to the App Store and look up Instagram.
- Version History can be found by scrolling down and tapping it.
- Choose the Instagram version you want to install from the list of previous releases.
- Select the version you wish to install, then tap the Download button.
Await the download and installation of the application.
How Do You Un Update Instagram on Android Devices?
The procedures are essentially the same as for un-updating Ins on iOS.
- Install the previous version of Instagram on your smartphone first. Go to Settings > Apps to accomplish this. In the list of installed apps, locate Instagram and select Uninstall.
- Download an earlier version of the Instagram APK file from a reputable third-party website after you’ve removed the application.
- To allow the installation of apps from sources other than the Google Play Store, go to Settings > Security and activate Unknown Sources.
- Install the previous version of Instagram by opening the APK file that was downloaded.
How to Un-Update Instagram Messages?
You cannot un-update the Instagram app if you upgraded it and do not like the changes. However, you can let Instagram know what modifications you don’t like by sending them feedback.
- Visit your Instagram profile, select Settings by tapping the three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
- To report a problem, select Help.
- After that, you can write a message to Instagram outlining the problem you’re having.