Essential identifying credentials for an Indian citizen are their voter ID and Aadhaar card. An efficient technique to get rid of fake or multiple voter ID cards in one person’s name is to link the Aadhaar number with the voter ID card. Linking an Aadhaar card to a voter ID can be done in a number of ways.
How to Link Voter ID with Aadhaar Card?
On the National Voter Service Portal (NVSP), Aadhaar and voter ID can be linked. To request linking your Voter ID and Aadhaar card, you must log into the NVSP portal. Voters’ Service Portal users must log in, whereas those from Tripura, Nagaland, Jammu and Kashmir, and Ladakh States/UTs must use the NVSP portal.
Step 1: Click on the ‘Forms’ option when you are on the NVSP or the Voters’ Service Portal.
Step 2: If you have already registered, simply click “Login” after providing your mobile number, password, and captcha code.
Step 3: If you don’t already have an account, go to the NVSP, select “Login,” and then select “Don’t have an account? Register as a new user.” Enter your mobile number, solve the captcha, and then select “Send OTP.” Then click the “Register” button after entering the necessary information, including your OTP, password, and EPIC number.
Step 4: After registering on the NVSP, go to the NVSP or the Voters’ Service Portal, click on the ‘Forms’ option, and log in using your registered mobile number and password.
Step 5: ‘Form 6B’ should be clicked. Choose your Assembly or Parliamentary Constituency and the state.
Step 6: Enter your personal information, your OTP, and your Aadhaar number, then click “Preview.”
Step 7: ‘Submit’ should be clicked. Your application will be assigned a reference number for tracking purposes.
How to Link Voter ID With Aadhaar Through SMS?
Send an SMS to 166 OR 51969 with the following formatting to link your Aadhaar number to your voter ID:
How to Link Aadhaar With Voter ID From a Phone?
You can also link your Voter ID and Aadhaar by phoning 1950 on weekdays between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm, and giving the operator the information on both cards.
How to Link Voter ID With Aadhaar Card Offline?
By filing an application to your respective Booth Level Officer (BLO), Aadhar can also be linked with Voter ID. The BLO will check the submitted information, and after checking it, it will be reflected in the records. By inputting your EPIC number, you can look up your BLO/Electoral Officers on the NVSP website.
How to Link an Aadhaar Card to Voter ID via the Voter Helpline App?
Downloading the Voter Helpline App from the Google Play Store or the App Store will allow you to connect your Aadhaar card to your voter ID. To link Aadhaar with your voter ID on the voter helpline app, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Get the Voter Helpline App from the App Store or Google Play.
- Step 2: Select the ‘Voter Registration’ option after configuring it.
- Step 3: Select “Electoral Authentication Form (Form 6B)” to open it. then choose “Let’s Start.”
- Step 4: The official mobile number associated with your Aadhaar card must be entered.
- Step 5: Click “Verify” after entering the OTP that was sent to the registered number.
- Step 6: Select “Yes I Have Voter ID” and then click “Next.” Fill out the essential information and your voter identification number (EPIC).
- Step 7: After entering your Aadhaar number, authentication location, and registered cellphone number, click the “Proceed” option.
- Step 8: Check the information, then press “Confirm” to send your Form 6B. You’ll be given a reference number so that you can monitor the progress of your application.
Why Is it Important to Link Aadhaar With a Voter Card?
The combination of a voter ID with an Aadhaar card has numerous advantages:
- It serves as confirmation that you have a voter registration.
- It aids in removing illegitimate voting.
- It serves as evidence that you are an Indian citizen.
- It serves as evidence of address when you don’t have a permanent residence address.