A state program called the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana (BSKY) attempts to create a vast healthcare network throughout the state of Odisha and serves the economically underprivileged segments of society. The Chief Minister of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik, is the one who started the program. Eligible participants in this program receive a BSKY card, which they can use to access the available benefits. Residents of Odisha who earn less than Rs. 5 lakhs per family in rural areas and Rs. 6 lakhs in urban areas are eligible.
Introducing Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana
Here are some of the BSKY’s salient characteristics:
Financed and Authorised by the Odisha Government
- The government of Odisha created and is carrying out the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana. The citizens of this state are protected from financial problems by BSKY.
Universal Health Coverage
- The BSKY card not only pays for residents’ medical care but also covers the cost of care at any district’s sub-centrally owned public healthcare facilities.
Health Insurance for Cardholders
You and your family are qualified for health insurance coverage as a BSKY policyholder. Every enrolled family may request health insurance from the State Government up to 5 lakhs, while women are eligible for coverage up to 10 lakhs.
With the help of the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana, 4,036 medical treatments for conditions including kidney illness, cancer, heart disease, etc. are made financially possible. Additionally, it makes up for about 255 surgical procedures.
Drop Back Assistance
The Drop Back Assistance option provides 500 to expectant mothers and newborns in need of specialized medical care. The reimbursement can be utilized for transportation to and from the hospital.
Collaboration between Private and Government Medical Institutes
To guarantee everyone receives prompt and effective care, the government of Odisha intends to group together all government and commercial medical facilities.
Benefits of Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana
Here are some advantages of owning a BSKY policy:
- In all government health facilities, all medical services, including diagnostics, dialysis, chemotherapy, medications, in-patient admission, etc., are provided without charge.
- Families can receive cashless treatments at District Headquarters Hospitals, 208 partner private hospitals, and all government healthcare facilities if they have a BSKY, Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana (BKKY), Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY), BPL, or Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) card and a low-income certificate.
Treatment Coverage under BSKY
- Residents of Odisha are entitled to free medical care from BSKY at all state-run hospitals.
- For male family members, you receive a yearly coverage of 5 lakhs, and for female family members, it is 10 lakhs.
What is a BSKY Card?
The Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana Card, which is given to BSKY beneficiaries, resembles a membership card. Along with beneficiary information, it has a special 12-digit registration number. The BSKY card functions similarly to a debit card. Along with the card, you will also receive a packet that includes information on all of the partner hospitals.
Eligibility Criteria for Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana
Citizens of Odisha are eligible for free medical care, although there are some restrictions. To learn who qualifies for a health insurance cover under BSKY worth 5 lakhs for male family members and 10 lakhs for female family members, keep reading:
- Must be an Odisha resident
- 5 lakhs in rural areas and 6 lakhs in urban areas should be the maximum annual income for a family.
- Holders of BPL (Below Poverty Line) cards
- Holders of cards from the Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana and the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
- Holders of Antyodaya Anna Yojana cards
Required Documents for the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana
You’ll need the following paperwork to register for BSKY:
- Residential papers
- Aadhaar card (although though this is a required form of identification, the state of Odisha allows people without Aadhaar cards to enroll in BSKY). However, you must obtain your Aadhaar card before the project’s first year is through.)
- BPL certificate (Below Poverty Line certificate)
- Income certificate
- Profession-related certificate
Note: The aforementioned documents are needed to confirm your address and financial situation because this program is intended for Odisha’s low-income population.
How to Apply for BSKY
To apply for the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana, follow the steps listed below:
- Step 1: nhmodisha.gov.in is the official website to visit.
- Step 2: Select “Apply Now” from the menu.
- Step 3: The Odisha BSKY Application Form will be where you land. Put the information requested on the form.
- Step 4: Include the necessary documentation, such as proof of income, address, and birthdate.
- Step 5: Once you’ve completed the form and added the required files, submit it.
On the verification call, where you must present the documents to the officials, the authority will verify your paperwork. Once the documents have been confirmed, you will be given the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana health card.
How to Check the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana Beneficiary List
To check the BSKY beneficiary list, take the following actions:
- Step 1: visit nhmodisha.gov.in
- Step 2: On the homepage, select the BSKY Beneficiary List link.
- Step 3: You’ll arrive at a page with a comprehensive list of BSKY recipients. In order to find your name in the list, press Ctrl+F and type your name.
Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana Hospital List
You don’t have to worry about paying payments while you’re in the hospital if you’re a BSKY beneficiary. Up to the level of the District Headquarters Hospital, the program enables cashless treatments. Therefore, you are not required to request a reimbursement. A private hospital that is connected with an insurance company will pay the claim with the hospital. Make sure the hospital you go to is totally governed by BSKY.
BSKY Customer Support
Would you like to make a complaint or get an answer to a question about the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana? Use these two toll-free numbers to contact a BSKY representative: 1553696 and 104.
A move has been taken to ensure that everyone, especially the impoverished, has access to healthcare through the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana. The low-income category can now receive medical treatments including chemotherapy and dialysis thanks to this effort. The financially sound organizations must also insure themselves against unforeseen medical emergencies while the government does its best to protect the economically vulnerable regions of the nation. No matter how financially fortunate a person is, they shouldn’t undervalue the price of healthcare. So make sure you have a comprehensive health insurance plan so that you won’t have to worry about paying for expensive medical expenses. Choose from a variety of health insurance policies at Bajaj Markets that can protect you and your family in case of an emergency.