The Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare (DESW), Ministry of Defense, and the Kendriya Sainik Board (KSB) launched the PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS), a program, in 2006. Students who have completed First Professional Degree Courses and have received a class 12 diploma, diploma, or graduation with at least 60% of the required grades are eligible for the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme 2023–24. Scholarship for PM 2023–24 only applies to students who are children or widows of Coast Guard members or former service members. Online applications for the PM Scholarship (PMSS) for the school year 2023–2024 have been accepted since September 1, 2023. Students must visit the Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat Portal (https://ksb.gov.in) in order to submit an application. and submit your application for a PMSS scholarship before November 30, 2023.
PM Scholarship Scheme 2023 (PMSS)
For higher professional and technical courses, the PMSS, or Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme, offers financial aid to dependent heirs, widows, or ex-coast guard or military members who have passed away. The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) provides funding for this program, which began in 2006. Starting in 2016, the monthly scholarship amounts for men and women under this program were Rs. 2000 and Rs. 2250, respectively. But later, during the 2019–2020 fiscal year, it was increased to Rs. 2500 and Rs. 3000 per month for boys and girls, respectively. Only on an annual basis, the PM Scholarship Amount is directly deposited to the accounts of chosen applicants. Out of all applications, a fixed number of 5500 are chosen each year, with an equal number of men and women (2750 men and 2750 women) in each group.
The type of courses the applicants choose determines the length of this scholarship. The programs should be governed by AICTE/UGC and must be either technical or professional in nature. Other courses are not at all encouraged and are therefore ineligible. Only MBA and MCA postgraduate studies are eligible for this scholarship. Scholarship Program for PMSS and the Kendriya Sainik Board (KSB) is in charge of all pertinent information, applications, and rules. The applicants might extend their scholarship till they have finished their course once they have been chosen.
ksb.gov.in Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme (PMSS)
|Name of Scholarship||PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS)|
|Initiated By||Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare (DESW)|
|Amount||₹3000 for girls/₹2500 for boys (per month)|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application Starts||1st September 2023|
|Last Date||30 November 2023|
|Total No of SCholarship||5500|
|Where to Apply||https://ksb.gov.in|
PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2023 – Registration
- Step 1: You must first go to the Kendriya Sainik Board website or www.ksb.gov.in, whichever is available.
- Step 2: The Register button can be clicked once the homepage has finished loading.
- Step 3: Fill out Parts 1 and 2 before uploading the applicant’s photo (jpeg, jpg, or png; maximum file size: 1 MB).
- Step 4: Give the necessary details in Part 1 (e.g.
- Choose a category, then enter your first, middle, and last name, your rank as an ESM, your ID card as an ESM, your Concerned RSB, etc.
- Type in your birthdate, enrollment date, discharge date, father’s or husband’s name, email address, and mobile number.
- Step 5: Part 2 (Enter Contact and Bank Information) must be completed.
- Enter your contact information, such as your home’s address, street number, town, city, state, district, pin code, etc.
- Enter your bank information, including account holder name, bank or branch name, account number, and IFSC code, and then choose whether you are a pensioner or not.
Note: Upon successful registration, a username and password will be emailed to the email address specified.
PMSS Login and Fill Application Form
Applicants must check in and update their passwords prior to submitting a scholarship application. Below is an example of how to complete the application form:
- Visit the website at www.ksb.gov.in; the exact URL is provided below.
- Visit the login page after that, type your username and password, the verification code, and then press the login button.
- When the dashboard appears, pick “Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme” from the drop-down menu by clicking the “New Application” option.
- After you upload your photo, complete Parts 1/2/3.
- Provide information on the student’s name, Aadhar card number, date of birth, marital status, branch of service (Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard), rank, Rajya Sainik Board (RSB), and Zila Sainik Board, among other personal information.
- Enter the contact information, including the house number, street number, town, village, or city, PIN code, phone number, and email address, if applicable.
- Enter the ESM’s details, including Category, Name of Ex-Serviceman/Coast Guard, Service Number, and PPO Number (if applicable), and then select whether you are a Pensioner or Non-Pensioner.
- Give information about your education, both past and present, including your minimum qualifications (10+2/Diploma/Graduate), year of graduation, total marks, marks earned, percentage of MEQ marks (CGPA/others), name of the current course, length of the course, when the college started the course, etc.
- Include information about the college and the bank, such as the name and address of the college, the institute’s IFSC code, the name of the account holder, the name of the bank or branch, etc.
- list of the papers listed in the next post, and upload scanned copies of those documents.
- Verify all the information, then click the Save button to submit the application. Print the application after that for future use.
Eligibility for Prime Minister (PM) Scholarship Scheme
- Must have received at least a 60% on the 12th grade, diploma, or graduation exam.
- Only those taking technical or professional courses in their first year are eligible.
- Students must be enrolled full-time in a course at a school or college that has AICTE/UGC recognition.
- Students who are ESM/former Coast Guard dependents, wards of the deceased, or dependents of other students are eligible.
- Except for lateral entrance and integrated courses, second-year students are not eligible.
- Students who are enrolled in courses abroad are not qualified for the scholarship.
PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) Amount
A total of 5500 students are chosen annually for PM Scholarships. There are equal numbers of scholarships for boys and girls. Typically, a merit list is used to choose the recipients of this scholarship. Boys receive strong>Rs 2500/strong> per month and selected girls receive strong>Rs 3000/strong> per month, for a total of strong>Rs 36,000/strong> and strong>Rs 30000/strong> per year, respectively. Depending on how long the student chooses to complete the course, this award may be accessible to them for up to five years. Every year when they enroll in the next semester, they must renew the scholarship.
Documents needed for PMSS Scholarship
- A passport photo
- Aadhar Card
- Matriculation Certificate (for proof of DOB)
- Mark sheet of 12th/Diploma/Graduation
- Bonafide Certificate
- Aadhar seeded Bank account
- ESM/Ex-coast guard Personal Certificate attested by ZSB
- Front page of Bank passbook
- Part ll Order/POR, PPO, or ESM Identity Card
- Affidavit/Self Certificate of ESM