- Last week, PM Modi introduced 5G services in India.
- Starting today, Jio 5G service is being made available in 4 cities.
- Eight cities now have access to Airtel 5G.
The fifth generation has arrived. In some regions of the nation, 5G services from Reliance Jio and Airtel have both begun to be offered. Since last week, Airtel 5G has been available in 8 cities, and as of today, Jio 5G service is being introduced in 4 cities. Not every smartphone will be able to support Airtel or Jio 5G, it should be mentioned.
Jio and Airtel’s 5G services will only be supported by handsets with 5G networks. Simply put, users of 2G, 3G, or 4G smartphones will not be able to benefit from the fast 5G service. So, can you use 5G on your smartphone? Not certain There is a way to determine whether or not your current smartphone supports 5G.
How to check if your phone is 5G compatible
- Step 1: Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Step 2: Select “Wi-Fi & Network” from the menu.
- Step 3: Select “SIM & Network” from the menu.
- Step 4: Under the ‘Preferred network type’ option, you can find a list of all technologies.
- Step 5: Your phone will be labelled as 2G/3G/4G/5G if it supports 5G.
You can easily select the 2G/3G/4G/5G option to test out high speed internet if you reside in a city where Airtel or Jio are launching 5G services.
Therefore, if you wish to use 5G, you must first get a 5G phone. Many smartphone manufacturers provide 5G devices in a range of price points. In fact, manufacturers like Realme and Lava have announced plans to release 5G phones for less than Rs 10,000.
In four cities, including Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai, and Varanasi, Reliance Jio is launching 5G service as a beat trial as of now now. The opposite is true for Airtel, which is providing 5G services in 8 cities, including Delhi, Varanasi, Nagpur, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Chennai, and Siliguri. The CEO of Airtel recently stated that Jio’s 5G service will be available to everyone by December 2023, while Airtel’s 5G rollout will occur throughout all of India by March 2024.