- Tickets for the Delhi Metro can now be ordered by Indians using WhatsApp.
- Together with PeLocal Fintech, the service was introduced.
- People will be able to purchase metro tickets more rapidly thanks to WhatsApp.
By Ankita Garg:
Now, Indians may purchase Delhi Metro tickets over WhatsApp. The service is currently being tested and was introduced in collaboration with PeLocal Fintech Private Limited. Dr. Vikas Kumar, the new project’s managing director from Metro Bhawan, officially launched the new pilot programme. For those who are unsure of the ticket-buying process, this feature is fantastic.
People will be able to purchase metro tickets more rapidly thanks to WhatsApp. However, since this is a pilot initiative and not available for all destinations, the opportunity to book tickets is only available at a select few stations. New Delhi, Shivaji Stadium, Dhaula Kaun, Delhi Aerocity, IGI Airport, and Dwarka Sector 21 are among the stations that are operational. However, it’s anticipated that the list will soon include more stations.
How to buy Delhi metro tickets on WhatsApp
- Step 1: To begin, send a “Hi” message to 9650855800, the DMRC’s official WhatsApp number.
- Step 2: Choose your preferred language at this point. You have a choice between Hindi and English.
- Step 3: Select the source and destination stations by tapping the “Buy Ticket” button now. There are options for Last Journey Tickets and Retrieve Ticket as well.
- Step 4: At this point, just tap the number of tickets you need to purchase.
- Step 5: After you have verified all the information, you will be required to make the payment. An online payment connection is created. You will receive a QR-based ticket on WhatsApp after purchasing a metro ticket.
Note: People will receive QR-based tickets that don’t require printing. At designated scanners located at AFC entry and exit gates, people can easily scan the QR code with their phones.
What should you consider before purchasing Metro tickets in Delhi?
- A person is only allowed to purchase a maximum of 6 QR-based metro tickets for a trip.
- Each QR-based metro ticket is good through the day’s conclusion.
- After entering a gate, you only have 65 minutes to leave.
- Tickets for the Delhi Metro can only be purchased during operating hours, and there is no way to cancel tickets for the Delhi Metro that use a QR code.
- Do keep in mind that you will have 30 minutes to escape from the source station itself.